|Posted:||Apr 30, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Temporary Part-Time (to March 3, 2014)|
|Hours of Work:||17.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday|
|Grade:||Job Group G|
|Salary Scale:||$35,625 - $49,419 per annum* (effective May 1, 2013) *Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours/week & term o|
Reporting to the Chair of Political Science the Office Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Department of Political Science, particularly related to the Political Science Graduate Program. Duties include: preparing and processing various departmental forms, cheque requisitions, on-line purchase orders and information mailings; processing applications for Masters of Arts Program and preparing summer mailings to all incoming graduate students; liaising with the Office of Graduate Studies regarding grades, grant applications, etc.; developing the web identity of the department by maintaining and updating departmental website (e.g. posting departmental events and news); preparing all theses defenses and processing paperwork for grades; tracking graduate records and responding to student requests; preparing TA contracts and fall APC submissions for graduate students; administering all departmental course evaluations including tabulating results, typing written comments and distributing completed evaluations to the faculty and the Chair; answering telephone and in-person inquiries; maintaining and reconciling budget accounts; processing and maintaining contracts, timesheets, departmental files and records; providing backup to departmental Administrative Assistant and other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated experience in office environment and related post-secondary courses in office management or other administrative assistant programs
• Knowledge of various word processing programs, especially Microsoft office (including outlook and exchange), data management software (especially Excel), various web interfaces for search engines and social media, (familiar with APC, SAKAI, DB Brock, Bears an asset)
• Demonstrated ability developing and maintaining website content
• Excellent oral and written communication, listening and comprehension skills
• Proven ability to manage time, and work effectively in teams and independently
• Demonstrated attention to detail, sound judgment and excellent problem solving skills and ability to proof-read and edit required
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work projects and work flow; experience maintaining accurate records, including financial record keeping
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, May 9, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.