|Posted:||Apr 5, 2013|
|Department:||Project and Administration Support Office (PASO), Information Technology Services|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$40,532 - $56,225 per annum (effective May 1, 2012)|
Reporting to the Supervisor, ITS Project and Administrative Support Office, the Senior IT Assistant provides both high-level and general administrative support for the Project and Administrative Support Office, the Associate V.P., IT & CIO and other members of ITS’s senior leadership team. The Senior IT Assistant coordinates special assignments/activities, meetings, teleconferences, appointments, and events; composes and prepares a variety of correspondence, reports and other documents ensuring confidentiality at all times. Self-directed with excellent communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with all contacts, the Senior IT Assistant will exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomacy and discretion while independently responding to and following up on administrative matters. On a daily basis, in consultation with the PASO Supervisor and the AVP IT, the Senior IT Assistant will establish the nature and priority of business and provide substantial direction and information to internal and external contacts by way of in-person, email and voicemail enquiries. Provides project and resource planning assistance, produces project reports and maintains filing systems. Duties include but are not limited to screening calls, arranging travel and training as required. Responsible for petty cash, staff reimbursements, internal ITS monthly telephone reports, attendance tracking and monthly billing. Manages the University mobile device account including ordering and maintains accurate records in our asset tracking database. Designs, develops and maintains appropriate administrative systems and standard operating procedures and practices for maximum efficiency; and all other duties as assigned.
• A related post-secondary degree or diploma with demonstrated ability in a relevant administrative support (executive level support) capacity or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, prioritization and detailed, accurate record keeping skills
• Ability to interact with a wide variety of people, including people at senior levels of the organization, in many different contexts
• Capacity to work under minimal supervision while utilizing effective time management skills in order to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities and assume responsibility for daily tasks
• Proven success to take initiative, create efficiencies, and improve processes
• Knowledge of (or ability to understand/use) Brock University programs/systems
• Ability to understand and interpret policy/procedures, and to effectively communicate such to internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to manage information and prepare standard status reports
• Effective keyboarding, grammar and proofreading skills are combined with strong computer skills using a range of software applications for a variety of activities in particular (Excel, Pivot Tables, Word, Visio, Outlook, The Brock contact management system and functions including spreadsheet creation, database maintenance and web site maintenance)
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.