|Posted:||Mar 11, 2013|
|Department:||Office of the Registrar/Scheduling|
|Employment Status:||Casual Hourly|
|Hours of Work:|
|Salary Scale:||$13.75 per hour|
Reporting to the Associate Registrar, Examinations and Timetables, the Assistant Invigilator is a part of a team assigned to assist with physical set up for examinations running in April, December, June and July, and to oversee examination activities within predefined examination periods. Working with a Chief Invigilator, duties would include but are not limited to:
• Materials preparation for examinations running in gyms and classrooms prior to start of examinations, which includes preparing random seating labels, class lists, examination booklets, exam papers, etc.
• Desk numbering and row signs in the gyms
• Delivering examination printed papers and other materials to instructors during the exam period.
• Documenting all examination irregularities at the request of the instructor.
• Announcing the start and conclusion of examinations.
• Assisting instructors to monitor students in both classrooms and gyms.
• Assisting Campus Security in case of an emergency.
Hours would include evenings and Saturdays.
• Previous experience in same or similar environment would be an asset.
• Ability to move and lift materials in boxes which may be a variety of sizes and weight.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Notes / To Apply :
Examinations in December and April normally run over 10 or 12 days (3 or 4 periods per day) and examinations in June and July run on only 1 weekend each (Friday and Saturday). Shifts begin at either 7 or 8 a.m. and end at 1030 or 11:30 p.m. depending if the timetable runs with 3 or 4 periods per day.
Please submit via email a resume and cover letter to Pat Cane, Associate Registrar, Examinations and Timetables (email@example.com) no later than Friday, March 15, 2013.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.