|Posted:||Feb 6, 2013|
|Department:||Custodial Services, Facilities Management|
|Employment Status:||Temporary Full-Time (4 months)|
|Hours of Work:||Average of 32 hrs/wk, 8 hr shifts (between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.) *|
|Salary Scale:||$11.97 per hour|
* Summer Student, 4 months, average of 32 hours/week, 8 hour shifts (between the hours of 8am and 8pm), dependent upon operational demands additional hours may be required and shifts times may be altered
We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for FULL-TIME BROCK UNIVERSITY STUDENTS, returning to University in the fall to assist with the Summer Conference Operation.
Summer Residence Custodial Helpers are full-time returning Brock University students responsible for assisting with the summer conference operation period (beginning on or before April 25, 2013 to September 1, 2013). The summer conference operation is a 24/7 operation. Offers of employment are conditional upon attendance at a paid WHMIS (3 hours) and custodial (4 hours) training, between the period of April 1 to 23, 2013. There will be a one week mandatory unpaid vacation for all student staff to be taken at a time requested by the student and approved by the supervisor between June 16, 2013 and July 27, 2013.
Duties and Responsibilities
• spring cleaning; cleaning washrooms; collecting and changing linens on beds; vacuuming, dusting and damp mopping; moving furniture and/or appliances; washing windows, maintaining carpets and floors and power washing; removing garbage; other duties as assigned related to servicing conference guests or spring cleaning in residence areas.
The ideal candidate will have:
• ability to walk up and down stairs
• available to work weekends and variable shifts (required)
• ability to move and lift items, materials, equipment and supplies of varying weights/sizes (weighing up to 22kg) on a consistent basis
• ability to work independently and in a team environment
• previous cleaning experience, in a similar residential environment would be an asset
• knowledge of residence and its facilities would be an asset
Notes / To Apply :
Please submit fully completed application forms, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Human Resources, BROCK UNIVERSITY, St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1 by Monday, February 25, 2013. For your convenience, the general application form may be printed off the web at brocku.ca/hr, click “Career Opportunities”, then click on “General Application Form”. Please indicate "Summer Custodial Services" on the top of the application form.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in these positions, however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.