|Posted:||Sep 18, 2012|
|Department:||Financial and Administrative Services / Accounts Payable|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Full-Time (7 months)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
|Grade:||Job Group G|
|Salary Scale:||$35, 012 - $48,569 per annum* (effective May 1, 2012) *Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect term of employment.|
Reporting to the Controller and Manager of Finance, you will provide financial transaction processing, payment processing and reconciling, accounting, and reporting as related to Accounts Payable Accounting. The successful candidate will co-ordinate the accurate and timely payment of University purchases processed through the Procurement Visa card, process construction payments and cheque requisitions. This position will be familiar with all payment types and processes handled within the Accounts Payable department and staff in order to support and provide back up for processing to ensure all disbursement request are processed in a timely, accurate and confidential manner. Responsibilities include regular liaising with internal and external stakeholders; reviewing and verifying cheque requisitions, procurement accounts and contracts for adherence to various policies; capturing information for CRA reporting; reconciling monthly control accounts and following up on outstanding registers; ensuring accuracy of contracts; ascertaining the availability of funds when expense relates to research funds; reconcile invoices to vendor statements; other payment request including purchase orders, travel advances moving expenses, courier and freight bills and travel and expense reports; use knowledge of taxes, shipping terms and general ledger accounts and purchasing and travel policies to process payments; determine payment type required for payment request and other related duties as required and assigned by the Controller and Manager of Finance.
- Thorough knowledge of all areas of Accounts Payable and related policies & procedures, taxes, legislation and general accounting principles & standards
- Successful completion of related post-secondary courses in Accounting/Business
- Previous related experience that includes working in a large customer-service centered accounts payable department, preferably in a public sector environment, and sound knowledge in all aspects of payment processes
- Sound organizational, time management, problem solving and analytical skills; demonstrated accuracy with figures and detailed records
- Proven commitment to process improvements
- Strong technical and software skills, especially related to MS Excel and accounting systems
- Strong customer service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, September 27, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.