|Position Title:||COURSE COORDINATOR|
|Course Details:||Women in the Economy
Start 2014-01-01 End 2014-04-30
|Teaching Assistant, Course Coordinator and Lab Demonstrator positions are paid according to the qualifications that the employee holds.
Employees who do NOT hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the undergraduate rate - $1,133.00 per 60-hour appointment or $18.88 per hour.
Employees who hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the graduate rate - $1,784.00 per 60-hour appointment or $29.73 per hour.
In cases where additional duties are required as part of a Teaching Assistant?s duties, these hours shall be compensated at the appropriate Teaching Assistant rate.
|Under the direction of the course instructor, the course coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- setting up and maintaining Sakai for the course
- screening and directing students? e-mail
- dealing with student?s requests and checking documentation for extensions
- working with the grader/marker with the collection and submission of assignments and grades
- keeping track of students assignments, marks, and exams
- developing marking sheets for grade compilations
- downloading and uploading of assignments on Sakai
- meeting regularly with the course instructor and marker/grader
- performing other course-related duties as they arise
|- Previous course coordination experience (particularly with a large on-line course)
- Familiarity with online learning management system, Sakai and with the computer program Excel
- Dependable with strong organizational and time-management skills
- A completed B.A. and demonstrable training in women?s and/or gender studies
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-11-11
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Dr. Shannon Moore, Director
Centre for Women?s and Gender Studies
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
Fax: (905) 984-4840
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one.
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten (10) hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies;
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled;
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours (i.e. not overtime hours) allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Permission to exceed the above mentioned workload limits should be obtained prior to application.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - www.brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|For office use only: 2013-10-25 - #6951 - Revised - 2013-10-25|