Start 2013-09-16 End 2013-12-31
|Marker-Grader positions are paid according to the qualifications that the employee holds.
- Master?s Degree Complete ($28.07/hour) - Paid to employees who have completed a master?s degree.
- Undergraduate Degree Complete ($24.19/hour) ? Paid to employees who have completed a four-year honours degree or a three-year pass degree.
- Third Year Complete ($17.86/hour) - Paid to employees who have completed the third year of an undergraduate honours degree.
- Second Year Complete ($15.71/hour) ? Paid to employees who have completed the second year of an undergraduate degree.
- First Year Complete ($14.82/hour) ? Paid to employees who have completed the third year of an undergraduate honours degree.
|Duties include assisting with the marking of assignments and term projects and any other marking-related duties including entering grades into the University database and maintaining grade sheets.|
|Masters degree in Environment, tourism, or closely related field, or enrolled in a Masters degree program in one or more of the above fields.
Will also consider applicants who hold an Honours undergraduate Degree in Tourism and Environment and/or are enrolled in 4th Year Tourism and Environment.
Applicant must have the ability to perform the various duties of the position (including computer literacy, familiarity with evaluation of electronically submitted assignments, and a working knowledge of Sakai), be dependable, have strong time management skills, excellent critical and writing skills, and a demonstrated ability to evaluate interdisciplinary student research reports containing qualitative and quantitative interpretive elements, cartographic elements, and digital images pertaining to course material.
Strong substantive subject knowledge about the attributes, history, and evolution of built and natural environments in the Niagara region will be a distinct asset.
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-09-13
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Dr. David Telfer, Acting Chair
Department of Tourism and Environment
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one.
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten (10) hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours (i.e. not overtime hours) allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Permission to exceed the above mentioned workload limits should be obtained prior to application.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - www.brocku.ca/hr-ehs
Human impacts in natural and built ecosystems from local to global scales. Key environmental issues, principles, policy options, problem solving and possibilities for creative planned change. Local examples from the Greenbelt and Niagara.
Lectures, seminar, 3 hours per week.
|For office use only: 2013-08-29 - #6843 - Approved|