|Position Title:||TEACHING ASSISTANT|
|Course Details:||Audience Studies
Start 2013-09-01 End 2013-12-31
Refer to the 2013-2014 Fall/Winter Timetable
|Teaching Assistant, Course Coordinator and Lab Demonstrator positions are paid according to the qualifications that the employee holds.
Employees who do NOT hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the undergraduate rate - $1,133.00 per 60-hour appointment or $18.88 per hour.
Employees who hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the graduate rate - $1,784.00 per 60-hour appointment or $29.73 per hour.
In cases where additional duties are required as part of a Teaching Assistant?s duties, these hours shall be compensated at the appropriate Teaching Assistant rate.
|The nominal workload for this position is 60 hours per section. Duties and responsibilities will be in accordance with Article 22 of the Collective Agreement.|
|- Completion of third year in Communication, Popular Culture, or Film Studies with a minimum major average of 75% is required.
- Candidates must have taken the course in question, or equivalent.*
- Previous seminar leader experience is an asset.
- Strong writing and verbal skills required.
*It is the applicant?s responsibility to identify the course for consideration of equivalency. For courses taken at Brock, identify course (i.e., XXXX 1F90). For courses taken elsewhere, provide a transcript (a copy of your course and grade summary from your student self-service at that institution is sufficient); highlight the course and provide the course description. Failure to provide the required documentation to support the request for consideration of equivalency will result in an incomplete application.
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-07-31
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Department of Communication, Popular Culture and Film
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one.
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten (10) hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies;
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled;
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours (i.e. not overtime hours) allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Permission to exceed the above mentioned workload limits should be obtained prior to application.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - www.brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|Electronic and hardcopy applications will be accepted.|
|For office use only: 2013-07-01 - #6131 - Approved|