|Course Details:||Structure and Reactivity of Organic Molecules
Start 2013-09-01 End 2013-12-31
|Marker-Grader positions are paid according to the qualifications that the employee holds.
- Master?s Degree Complete ($28.07/hour) - Paid to employees who have completed a master?s degree.
- Undergraduate Degree Complete ($24.19/hour) ? Paid to employees who have completed a four-year honours degree or a three-year pass degree.
- Third Year Complete ($17.86/hour) - Paid to employees who have completed the third year of an undergraduate honours degree.
- Second Year Complete ($15.71/hour) ? Paid to employees who have completed the second year of an undergraduate degree.
- First Year Complete ($14.82/hour) ? Paid to employees who have completed the third year of an undergraduate honours degree.
|The nominal workload for this position is 5 hours per week. Duties and responsibilities will be in accordance with Article 22 of the Collective Agreement. Under the direction of the course instructor, the incumbent may be required to mark assignments, term projects, case reports, midterms, progress and final examinations, enter grades into a database, proctor examinations and any other marking related duties required by the course instructor. Must assist the student's understanding by providing comments that guide the student to the realization of his/her errors. One marking slot is allotted an average of 5 hrs per week (60 hours per term). The actual workload may vary each week.|
|- Candidates must have detailed knowledge of the particular course material.
- An Honours BSc in Chemistry or equivalent experience is required.
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-07-17
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Please complete an application form available in the Department of Chemistry or online. BROCK STUDENTS MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF THE MOST RECENT STATEMENT OF STANDING. Applications from non-Brock students should include a cover letter, a CV, a transcript, a list of 3 referees, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date. Forward applications to: Chair, Department of Chemistry, Brock University, St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1.
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one.
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten (10) hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours (i.e. not overtime hours) allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Permission to exceed the above mentioned workload limits should be obtained prior to application.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - www.brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|For office use only: 2013-06-17 - #5782 - Approved|