|Position Title:||TEACHING ASSISTANT|
|Course Details:||Introduction to Intercultural Studies
Start 2013-09-02 End 2014-04-30
|Teaching Assistant, Course Coordinator and Lab Demonstrator positions are paid according to the qualifications that the employee holds.
Employees who do NOT hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the undergraduate rate - $1,133.00 per 60-hour appointment or $18.88 per hour.
Employees who hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the graduate rate - $1,784.00 per 60-hour appointment or $29.73 per hour.
In cases where additional duties are required as part of a Teaching Assistant?s duties, these hours shall be compensated at the appropriate Teaching Assistant rate.
|Seminars for this course are entirely on-line. The nominal workload for this position is 120 hours per 'F' section. Duties and responsibilities will be in accordance with Article 22 of the Collective Agreement and will include the following elements: on-line seminars; on-line office hour consultations to include such foci as reviewing seminar presentations with student presenters weekly; supervising and scoring seminars; grading written assignments; proctoring mid-term and final exams; consulting regularly (by email) with the Instructor for advice on seminar management and grading.|
|- Minimum third year complete degree in Intercultural Studies or related field with an academic standing of at least 75%.
- Familiarity with INTC 1F90 or related subject area (e.g. social history, sociolinguistics, sociology, etc.).
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong record-keeping and seminar skills.
- Ability to work in an online learning environment, i.e. Sakai
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-06-17
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Centre for Intercultural Studies
500 Glenridge Ave.
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one.
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten (10) hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies;
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled;
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours (i.e. not overtime hours) allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Permission to exceed the above mentioned workload limits should be obtained prior to application.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - www.brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|For office use only: 2013-05-15 - #5688 - Approved|