|Position Title:||TEACHING ASSISTANT|
|Course Details:||D2: Cities and Sanctuaries of the Ancient World
Start 2013-05-01 End 2013-06-12
Lecture: Tuesdays & Thursdays 1500-1700
|Teaching Assistant, Course Coordinator and Lab Demonstrator positions are paid according to the qualifications that the employee holds.
Employees who do NOT hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the undergraduate rate - $1,133.00 per 60-hour appointment or $18.88 per hour.
Employees who hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the graduate rate - $1,784.00 per 60-hour appointment or $29.73 per hour.
In cases where additional duties are required as part of a Teaching Assistant?s duties, these hours shall be compensated at the appropriate Teaching Assistant rate.
|Duties and Responsibilities will be in accordance with Article 22 of the Collective Agreement.|
|1. BA Honours in Classics OR Classical Archaeology;
2. University level experience leading seminars in subject area OR completion of the course (or equivalent);
3. Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-04-19
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
You must indicate each course name and number in your cover letter for which you would like to be considered. In addition, please include the names and contact information of two references and submit your application to:
Dr. Allison Glazebrook, Chair
Department of Classics
500 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one.
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten (10) hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies;
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled;
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours (i.e. not overtime hours) allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Permission to exceed the above mentioned workload limits should be obtained prior to application.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - www.brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|For office use only: 2013-04-05 - #5503 - Approved|