|Position Title:||TEACHING ASSISTANT|
|Course Details:||Section 01 - D4
Start 2013-05-01 End 2013-08-31
June 3-7, 2013.
|Teaching Assistant, Course Coordinator and Lab Demonstrator positions are paid according to the qualifications that the employee holds.
Employees who do NOT hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the undergraduate rate - $1,133.00 per 60-hour appointment or $18.88 per hour.
Employees who hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the graduate rate - $1,784.00 per 60-hour appointment or $29.73 per hour.
In cases where additional duties are required as part of a Teaching Assistant?s duties, these hours shall be compensated at the appropriate Teaching Assistant rate.
|Duties and responsibilities will be in accordance with Article 22 of the Collective Agreement and will include: attend all classes the week of instruction, independent marking, correspondence with students, instructor, etc in the weeks following.|
|- Academic qualifications: Completed BA (Hons) or graduate degree in related field and completion of ADST 5P42 (or equivalent) with a minimum 85%.
- Completion of additional courses in Applied Behaviour Analysis with at least 85% average.
- Academic teaching experience: previous satisfactory appointments teaching courses in related topics
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-03-29
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Alison J. Rothwell
Centre for Applied Disability Studies
Brock University |Faculty of Social Sciences
Niagara Region | 500 Glenridge Ave. | St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
brocku.ca | T 905 688 5550 x5395 | F 905 378 5719
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one.
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten (10) hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies;
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled;
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours (i.e. not overtime hours) allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Permission to exceed the above mentioned workload limits should be obtained prior to application.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - www.brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|Position pending sufficient enrollment. Please be sure to include in your application all pertinent documentation including transcripts. Note that the Centre for Applied Disability Studies does not reimburse TA's for mileage, parking, or other related travel costs.|
|For office use only: 2013-03-18 - #5416 - Approved|