Start 2013-05-06 End 2013-07-12
|$6,067 per half course (195 hours nominally)
$12,134 per full course (390 hours nominally)
Please note: Instructors who are employed in a 2-hour/week lecture, or the equivalent of a 2-hour/week lecture, are responsible for the first hour of seminar/lab in each course.
|Scheduled contact time with students and non-classroom time which is made up of preparation of lectures, lab/studio work, student consultation, marking or grading and course administration, including grade appeals and cases of academic dishonesty.|
|- MFA or equivalent
- Demonstrated background in the fundamentals of sculpture, 3-dimensional work, modeling techniques and assemlage
- Strong teaching record at the post-secondary level
- An active studio and professional practice and exhibition record
- Demonstrated teaching competence through previous course evaluations and/or 3 letters of academic references
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-02-25
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Keri Cronin, Chair
Department of Visual Arts
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
Email: email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one. All applications should be forwarded to the appropriate department. Do not submit your information to email@example.com
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled;
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours - i.e. not overtime hours - allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Applicants that are in excess of the above noted workload limits will not have their applications considered unless they have received prior written approval from the appropriate Dean and the Human Resources Department.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|Applications should also include sample course description(s) and/or teaching approach, support materials (including slides, CDs, publications or catalogues), 3 academic references by mail or email and a CUPE application form.
Please note that only applicants selected will be contacted.
If you have support materials you would like returned, please provide a self-addressed, pre-stamped envelope. Please note that where possible to supply only copies of support material, sending originals is not recommended in case of loss or damage.
|For office use only: 2013-02-13 - #5300 - Revised - 2013-02-14|