|Position Title:||TEACHING ASSISTANT|
|Course Details:||Literature in English: Forms, Themes and Approaches
Start 2013-05-01 End 2013-07-17
Lectures Tues. & Thurs. 1900-2200
|Teaching Assistant, Course Coordinator and Lab Demonstrator positions are paid according to the qualifications that the employee holds.
Employees who do NOT hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the undergraduate rate - $1,133.00 per 60-hour appointment or $18.88 per hour.
Employees who hold a 4-year honours degree or a 3-year pass degree will be paid the graduate rate - $1,784.00 per 60-hour appointment or $29.73 per hour.
In cases where additional duties are required as part of a Teaching Assistant?s duties, these hours shall be compensated at the appropriate Teaching Assistant rate.
|To lead seminars and assist with grading under the direction of the course instructor in consultation with the Department Chair. Non-classroom work includes preparation of course material, consultation with students during office hours, commenting on and grading essays, and may include some examination grading and proctoring of examinations. Must be willing to attend some course lectures as required by the course instructor.|
|- Honours BA in English with a minimum 78% (B+) average
- Must have completed the course applied for or equivalent, or have worked as a TA in this or an equivalent course
- Successful experience in leading and managing discussion groups
- Dependability and ability to meet deadlines
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-03-01
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Dr. Neta Gordon, Chair
Department of English Language & Literature
500 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one.
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten (10) hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies;
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled;
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours (i.e. not overtime hours) allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Permission to exceed the above mentioned workload limits should be obtained prior to application.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - www.brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|- the number of seminars you are applying for|
|For office use only: 2013-02-11 - #5296 - Approved|