|Course Details:||The Art of The Clown-Doctor. See description below.
Start 2013-05-01 End 2013-06-12
Wed. May 8, Thurs. May 9, Fri. May 10, 9-16:00; Sun. May 12, Mon. May 13, Tues. May 14 9-16:00
|$6,067 per half course (195 hours nominally)
$12,134 per full course (390 hours nominally)
Please note: Instructors who are employed in a 2-hour/week lecture, or the equivalent of a 2-hour/week lecture, are responsible for the first hour of seminar/lab in each course.
|The instructor will be responsible for all of the duties associated with this course:
2013-2014: The Art of The Clown-Doctor. Practice of clown-doctoring in lifespan maintenance and therapeutic environments.Lectures, lab, 7 hours per day.
|i. Internationally recognized academic and professional credentials;
ii. Relevant academic teaching experience, including previous satisfactory appointments;
iii. Demonstrated scholarship in the course subject field through published and applied practise.
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-02-25
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Chair, Department of Dramatic Arts
Brock University | Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts
Niagara Region | 500 Glenridge Ave. | St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
brocku.ca | T 905 688 5550 x4401 | F 905 984 4861
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one. All applications should be forwarded to the appropriate department. Do not submit your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled;
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours - i.e. not overtime hours - allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Applicants that are in excess of the above noted workload limits will not have their applications considered unless they have received prior written approval from the appropriate Dean and the Human Resources Department.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|Please see Article 22: Workload for details including the following remarks:
- Instructor: The nominal workload is normally made up of scheduled contact time with students and non-classroom time. The non-classroom time is made up of preparation of lectures, student consultation,marking or grading and course administration, including grade appeals and cases of academic dishonesty. In the case of a two-hour lecture per week, or the equivalent of a two-hour lecture per week, the incumbent shall also be responsible for the first hour of seminar in each course.
- Upon request by an Instructor, the Employer and the Instructor will review the workload for the course to ensure that assigned duties can be completed within the assigned workload of 195 nominal hours per half credit course (see Article 22.01 (a)).
Please see the article for complete details.
|For office use only: 2013-02-12 - #5275 - Approved|