|Course Details:||Development of Conscience and Self-Regulation
Start 2013-05-01 End 2013-06-12
|Marker-Grader positions are paid according to the qualifications that the employee holds.
- Master?s Degree Complete ($28.07/hour) - Paid to employees who have completed a master?s degree.
- Undergraduate Degree Complete ($24.19/hour) ? Paid to employees who have completed a four-year honours degree or a three-year pass degree.
- Third Year Complete ($17.86/hour) - Paid to employees who have completed the third year of an undergraduate honours degree.
- Second Year Complete ($15.71/hour) ? Paid to employees who have completed the second year of an undergraduate degree.
- First Year Complete ($14.82/hour) ? Paid to employees who have completed the third year of an undergraduate honours degree.
|Duties and responsibilities will be in accordance with Article 22 of the Collective Agreement.|
|1. Minimum 4rd Year complete. 3rd Year complete may be considered.
2. Must have previously completed CHYS 3P90, CHYS 3V80, CHYS 3V90 or equivalent*, and obtained 80% or higher.
3. Evidence of communication skills (i.e., letter of reference attesting to communication skills as a student in seminar or evaluation of successful previous experience as a Teaching Assistant or Marker-Grader.
4. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
* It is the applicant's responsibility to identify the course for consideration of equivalency. For courses taken at Brock, identify the course (i.e., XXXX 3P00). For courses taken elsewhere, provide a transcript (a copy of your course and grade summary from your student self-service at that institution is sufficient); highlight the course and provide the course description. Failure to provide the required documentation to support the request for consideration of equivalency will result in an incomplete application.
|Applications will be accepted until 2013-03-31
Applications should include a cover letter, a current resume, a CUPE 4207 application form and your seniority date.
Department of Child and Youth Studies
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
(or deposit in CHYS drop box, Cairns 3rd Floor, labeled "Job Posting Applications")
Assure to include all required documentation, including letters of reference or performance evaluations. As well, if necessary, provide documentation to support request for consideration of course equivalency. See "Qualifications" above for details.
|If applicable, applicants are responsible for submitting their seniority date with their application. Applicants that don't include a seniority date will be assumed not to have one.
Positions listed on this posting are subject to course enrolments and budgetary approval.
As per Article 22.04 of the Collective Agreement:
- Graduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept an appointment in excess of an average of ten (10) hours per week over an academic term, in which she is enrolled as a full time student, without the prior permission of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Undergraduate Students enrolled at Brock University shall not accept more than nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments, or the equivalent of nine (9) Teaching Assistant appointments in any classification, per term minus the number of courses in which that student is currently enrolled
- Part-time Graduate Students and Non-Students shall not accept any appointment which, taken together with all other appointments at the University, would cause the member to exceed the maximum number of regular hours (i.e. not overtime hours) allowable in a work week under the Employment Standards Act, as amended from time to time.
Permission to exceed the above mentioned workload limits should be obtained prior to application.
A Collective Agreement governs part-time Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Course Coordinator and Marker-Grader positions at Brock University. A hardcopy of the Agreement can be obtained from Human Resources or accessed on the Human Resources Web Site - www.brocku.ca/hr-ehs
|For course description go to www.brocku.ca/webcal/.|
|For office use only: 2013-03-01 - #5271 - Approved|