[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 22/2014|
|Posted:||Jun 19, 2014|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (12 Months) With Possibility of Renewal|
|Department:||Faculty of Graduate Studies|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$40,487 - $59,854 per annum* (effective July 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with significant dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director & Associate Director, Graduate Studies, respectively, the Graduate Recruitment Officer is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing domestic and international recruitment plans for the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS). The incumbent will develop and execute specific program recruitment plans for Brock’s 44 graduate programs, working with the Associate Deans regarding Faculty recruitment plans, and assisting where necessary with graduate admission activities in the FGS.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing, coordinating, implementing, and managing the timely completion of all components of the yearly domestic and international recruitment plans in consultation with the Director/Associate Director
• Attending both on-campus and off-campus Graduate Recruitment Fairs and related recruitment events (with possible out of province/out of country travel), and coordinating FGS sponsored recruitment events/activities
• Developing and delivering recruitment presentations to prospective students
• Coordinating and implementing recruitment print material, email, and social media campaigns
• Working with University International Marketing and Recruitment on joint international recruitment initiatives
• Tracking expenses for assigned domestic and international recruitment budgets
• Liaising with and assisting all 44 Graduate Program Directors regarding graduate program recruitment
• Developing, overseeing, and maintaining the Future Students website and social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter), and the graduate CRM student experience.brocku.ca
• Liaising with and assisting graduate programs with their program specific communication and marketing, including web and communication tools
• Overseeing the development and production of annual recruitment materials and marketing initiatives, from idea conception to final product, by liaising with University Communications and Marketing, Printing Services, and external vendors
• Providing regular recruitment and application reports to FGS Director and Graduate Program Directors
• Preparing, executing, analyzing, and reporting results of applicant and admission surveys
• Conducting research to support strategic recruitment and enrolment initiatives, and disseminating research-based best practices to Faculties, graduate programs, and on-campus stakeholders
• Providing assistance with application, admission retention activities/initiatives
• Assisting with the development and implementation of New Student Orientation initiatives
The ideal candidate will have:
• University degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• A few years of experience in graduate recruitment or Registrar’s office at a post-secondary institution, demonstrating strong understanding of graduate education in Ontario and across Canada
• Valid G class driver’s license (or equivalent) with an excellent drivers’ abstract - (the successful candidate will need to demonstrate proof of an excellent driving record)
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, database, internet, and social media)
• Strong presentations skills with the ability to facilitate with both large and small groups
• Excellent leadership and relationship skills to develop recruitment and communication opportunities
• Proven ability to research and define best-practices in graduate recruitment
• Working knowledge of effective marketing tools for graduate students
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with prospective students and university stakeholders
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, with excellent listening skills, including the ability to adapt communication style for a targeted audience
• Proven ability to work well as part of a team in a collaborative environment
• Excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrated ability to utilize strong problem solving skills with sound judgement
• Proven ability to develop and initiate innovative and creative recruitment and marketing strategies
• Graduate level education and a Brock graduate (preferred)
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by July 6, 2014.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.
Enter your information in the boxes below.