[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 16/2014|
|Posted:||May 29, 2014|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Part-Time|
|Grade:||Job Group O|
|Salary Scale:||$65,790 - $101,252 per annum* (effective July 1, 2013) ** Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours per week|
|Hours of Work:||21 hours/week|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with significant dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to Associate Vice-President, Finance, the Manager, Financial Performance Measurement, is accountable for the University’s budget process and financial performance metrics, to support decision makers in achieving the vision and goals of the University in a financially responsible manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing and maintaining policies, practices, and procedures to facilitate the development, monitoring, and enhancement of financial performance metrics
• Facilitating and maintaining financial performance metrics that supports decision making to achieve the vision and goals of the University in a fiscally responsible manner
• Developing the University budget model, including supporting policies and processes
• Facilitating the University budget process, working directly with budget developers, providing actionable, cost effective solutions to current and anticipated challenges based on sound research and analytics
• Providing financial analysis to support the Manager of Financial Planning and budget developers on technical and complex budgeting and accounting initiatives, including actionable, cost effective solutions to current and anticipated challenges based on sound research and analytics
• Performing and/or facilitating (at times in conjunction with internal audit) efficiency and value-for-money audits through a program of continuous improvement
• Preparing and presenting accurate, timely, comprehensive and relevant reporting of the operating and capital financial plans, including financial performance metrics to committees, including the Board of Trustees and its committees
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree and a Professional Accounting Designation (e.g. CA, CMA, or CGA)
• Several years of financial planning, reporting, and analysis experience, including management experience leading a team in a finance function
• Demonstrated in depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Demonstrated expertise in budgeting and planning, financial reporting and financial performance management
• Proven ability to identify business requirements, define strategies, develop metrics, and implement practical business solutions under deadline
• Proven ability to identify areas of risk and/or opportunity and research and develop recommendations to address
• Demonstrated competence with details and deadlines
• Proven ability to resolve complex financial problems, diagnose financial issues and develop creative solutions
• Knowledge of the University environment and related practices
• Demonstrated ability to concisely design, articulate, and present to strategic decision makers
• Proven ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships across an organization
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities and see the big picture
• Experience in a multi-union setting (an asset)
Note to applicants: there is currently an incumbent performing the duties and responsibilities of this job who is likely to apply.
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by June 5, 2014.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.
Enter your information in the boxes below.