[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 10/2014|
|Posted:||Apr 16, 2014|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (12 Months) With Possibility of Renewal|
|Department:||International Market Development (IMD), Student Services|
|Grade:||Job Group I|
|Salary Scale:||$37,148 - $54,158 per annum* (effective July 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director, International Market Development, the incumbent is responsible for the implementation of the multi-media portion of the Office of International Market Development’s international recruitment – this includes, but is not limited to, creation of presentations, creation of videos, use of Active Campaign and social media postings.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborating with the Director, Associate Director, Manager and Recruiters to create, edit and customize targeted international presentations for key markets
• Consistently updating and refreshing presentations with new information, videos and photographs
• Creating new marketing presentations for Brock University International Foundation Program
• Implementing new online recruitment campaign for participation in virtual fairs to clients worldwide
• Working with colleagues to determine video needs, specific to international recruitment efforts
• Planning and executing international student/alumni videos used for international recruitment, including interviewing international students for testimonials
• Utilizing Adobe Premiere Pro; Adobe Audition/Garage Band; Adobe AfterEffects and other software packages to create, edit and finalize presentation materials
• Designing and creating culturally appropriate print and web advertisements, brochures, apps, postcards, posters, and other peripheral marketing materials for recruitment purposes using Adobe InDesign that are both culturally sensitive and adhere to Brock’s Brand Standards
• Designing and executing HTML email newsletter blasts on a monthly basis
• Managing, updating and routinely inspecting office contacts through database to ensure accuracy
• Designing and executing follow-up emails to prospective international students visited by IMD recruiters
• Overseeing translated Chinese HTML email newsletter blasts
• Creating and implementing a social media campaign that is current and relevant for international markets while maintaining intercultural awareness
• Creating and maintaining a photograph databank for use in IMD marketing materials
• Updating the website to keep it current, managing HTML content, layout and images of international website
• Maintaining databases and catalogues (i.e. photographic databank) for IMD
• Providing in-office tech support to staff of recruiters and administrators
• Maintaining databases for relevant and updated contact information
The ideal candidate will have:
• A relevant college diploma, and/or the equivalent combination of education & experience
• A couple years of relevant work experience
• Working knowledge of various web software and Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Proven ability to utilize social media in an effective professional manner
• Strong photography and videography skills
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Garage Band, Prezi and Microsoft Office and other applicable software packages
• Strong presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse stakeholders, utilizing cultural sensitivity
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
• Strong judgment, analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to adapt to change
Note to applicants: there is currently an incumbent performing the duties and responsibilities of this job who is likely to apply.
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by April 24, 2014.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.