[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 03/2014|
|Posted:||Jan 23, 2014|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (12 Months)|
|Department:||University Marketing & Communications|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$40,487 - $59,854 per annum* (effective July 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Web Marketing Communications, the Social Media Coordinator applies knowledge and experience of audience motivation, social media trends, and Web-based technologies to develop, launch, enhance and manage online user communities. The incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day logistical operation and executions within the scope of the University’s social media networks, including web blogging. The incumbent helps broaden social media coverage by bringing new ideas to the social media program, maintaining relationships with industry bloggers and University contributors, as well as improving the current material being offered.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Creating and executing innovative online communities to generate awareness, spark user imagination, and build engagement that contributes to the achievement of University objectives
• Tracking and measuring community results, sign-ups and activities
• Managing forums and topics: encouraging user discussions, creating forums and topics that meet the needs of the users and the University
• Developing email, Web and electronic viral marketing promotions to develop and grow diverse University audiences and encourage repeated community participation
• Advising clients on use of social media to advance University initiatives
• Updating and maintaining the University’s third-party multimedia partner sites (Facebook, YouTube, Flicker, Twitter, etc.) on a daily basis to identify issues and opportunities and keep photos, videos and other collateral current and accessible
• Providing assistance to colleagues in the formulation and development of responsible end-user policies
The ideal candidate will have:
• Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or public relations
• Several years of experience in electronic media (with a branded website)
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media communities, practices and trends
• Proven track record of creating effective online, community and direct response programs
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to clearly and simply articulate concepts, messages and strategies
• Excellent written communication skills, including copywriting ability, and the ability to ensure accurate, grammatically correct public-facing blog and social media postings
• Strong working knowledge of the Web, from current media applications to blog architecture to template and content management problems, with ability to smoothly deliver content
• Strong consulting, project management and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills and ability to thrive in a team-oriented culture
• Solid relationship building skills with the ability to exercise discretion, diplomacy and tact when dealing with stakeholders
• Proven ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment
• Self-motivated, results-oriented professional with the ability to manage multiple initiatives
• Proficient with multimedia, including video production and photography (an asset)
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by January 30, 2014.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.