[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 79/2013|
|Posted:||Dec 12, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business|
|Department:||Goodman School of Business|
|Grade:||Job Group Q|
|Salary Scale:||$81,064 - $124,761 per annum* (effective July 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to Dean, the Director, Operations, Graduate & Executive Programs, manages and oversees all operational aspects of the graduate and executive education programs in the Goodman School of Business (GSB), including: administrative, logistical and human resource functions for non-academic staff. The incumbent is responsible for the implementation and development of systems and procedures for the effective running of the programs and program offices. The incumbent provides guidance and support to academic graduate program committees, the Dean and Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Research.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing sustainable processes to improve efficiencies and drive continuous improvement of the programs
• Analyzing program enrollment and application statistics for all programs; including analyzing and interpreting enrollment trends and opportunities, and extrapolating data to predict future enrollment levels
• Ensuring effective utilization, deployment, and development of people and capital resources in a way consistent with strategic priorities and approved annual plans
• Supervising and ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of GSB Graduate Programs, encompassing full service to GSB Graduate Programs from admission application through to graduation
• Developing, implementing and evaluating program recruiting strategies on an international, national and local scale to recruit a diverse and highly qualified graduate student application pool
• Overseeing the design, development and implementation of activities and strategies related to Graduate Programs, marketing, recruitment, applications and admissions management
• Working closely with academic administrators in matters pertaining to curricular scheduling, student engagement, and adjudication and retention concerns as they arise from term to term
• Working closely with the GSB’s Manager of Marketing and Communications, in the strategy, development and execution of marketing programs, (e.g. domestic and international recruitment, inquiries, analysis and interpretation of market research)
• Participating in the development and oversight of GSB’s Graduate Programs operating budget, scholarships and awards, and provides staff guidance and reporting on matters relating to the management of office expenditures
• Overseeing MBA students and Senior 4th year students employed on a contract basis, that act as consultants for various ad hoc projects for both internal University departments and external organizations
The ideal candidate will have:
• A relevant Master’s degree (e.g. MBA) and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in administration, strategy, project/program management with familiarity with academic issues at the graduate level
• Valid Driver’s license and the ability to travel both within Canada and Internationally as required
• Demonstrated experience and familiarity with the field of student academic program management, working knowledge with or at institution(s) of higher education and thorough understanding of graduate program’s components and complexity
• A broad knowledge of leadership and experience in developing data-driven organizational strategy, with a demonstrated skill set as a strategic thinker
• Well-developed knowledge of graduate education within Ontario, Canada and internationally and working knowledge of University faculty and student research, registrar offices, policy and procedure development and management
• Demonstrated experience effectively analyzing, integrating and clearly communicating complex ideas at the conceptual, strategic and tactical levels
• Proven ability to develop trust and confidence, and leverage support across reporting lines, while acting as an innovative leader with exceptional interpersonal, superior writing and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to exercise tact & discretion, with a high degree of political acuity and sensitivity
• Highly developed and demonstrated project management skills, with a proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by December 19, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.