[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 70/2013|
|Posted:||Nov 14, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (12 Months) With possibility of renewal|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Centre for Adult Education and Community Outreach (CAECO)|
|Grade:||Job Group I|
|Salary Scale:||$37,148 - $54,158 per annum* (effective July 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Administrative Director, the Global Initiatives Coordinator provides support and leadership in the internationalization of the BEd in Adult Education program. The incumbent will research, assess, determine feasibilities, market, recruit and support international (VISA) students to study in the BEd in Adult Education program at Brock University. The incumbent will determine the demand and feasibility of new initiatives, including the category of International online (Non-VISA) and other non-traditional groups of students. The incumbent will work collaboratively to enhance, share and generate resources to meet the academic needs of these students.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducting research involving international markets of students including generating reports of feasible areas of interest and growth
• Liaising with units across the university (e.g. Brock International, Student Services, Office of the Registrar, IELP, and other departments) to create a comprehensive support system for international students recruited to the program
• Adapting or generating systems and communications for recruitment, application, admission, registration and academic advising for international students
• Determining and monitoring a recruitment plan in cooperation with international agents to attract qualified applicants
• Creating promotional and information materials including websites, program pamphlets, newsletters, etc.
• Participating in presentations and orientation sessions informing potential students about prerequisite requirements, program options and introducing them to the advising and other support services available to them
• Creating, maintaining and presenting budget for international initiatives
• Creating and monitoring contracts of service respecting Brock University Requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
• An undergraduate degree in Adult Education or a related discipline
• At least a couple of years of relevant experience and demonstrated knowledge of Adult Education program requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of University’s programs, services, and systems, as well as Post-secondary education systems
• Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, database, web applications and web maintenance, social media, internet search engines
• Proven ability to generate various reports with a strong understanding of budget forecasting and financial management
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity when interacting with international stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by December 5, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.