[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 68/2013|
|Posted:||Nov 8, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Full Time (10 Months) With possibility of renewal|
|Department:||Conference Services, University Services|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$40,487 - $59,854 per annum* (effective July 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to Interim Associate Director, Conference Services, the Conference Coordinator coordinates reservations and associated campus services for all non-academic room bookings/table departments, groups and external clients, along with coordinating front desk operations for the conference season.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Meeting with potential clients, providing detailed information about Conference Services and provide tours as needed
• Consulting with clients and outlining all client needs, including meeting space requirements and other logistics and provide updated status reports
• Negotiating facilities and services required by clients and develop individual contracts based upon clients’ needs
• Negotiating a final contract with the successful property and presenting to the client for final review and approval
• Coordinating catering and refreshment services; meeting room set ups for each session
• Managing all logistics on event days and trouble shoot issues as appropriate
• Coordinating the conference front desk operation during the spring &amp;amp; summer conference season, provide customer service and associated reports
• Coordinating reservations for all non-academic room bookings for departments, groups and external clients
• Coordinating all financial issues for each conference, including developing and managing appropriate files on each group; preparing individual and master invoices and follow up on delinquent receivables
The ideal candidate will have:
• An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• A few years of retail or hospitality experience and an understanding of the requirements of customer service
• Solid computer competency including online reservation system, scheduling systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database, web applications and web maintenance, social media, internet search engines
• Demonstrated Knowledge of Point-of-Sale (POS) systems
• Proven ability to work with financial information and cash handling procedures
• Demonstrated ability to generate various reports
• Strong customer service, negotiation skills and the proven ability to motivate others
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
• Strong judgement, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends during peak conference season
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by November 22, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.