[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 52/2013|
|Posted:||Sep 10, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Faculty of Education|
|Grade:||Job Group L|
|Salary Scale:||$47,394 - $71,980 per annum* (effective July 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
The Faculty of Education is committed to scholarly excellence, diversity, and innovation in action, and the creation of a dynamic reputation and impact. Focusing on learning as a force of positive change the Faculty is a community of learners. Reporting to the Dean of the Faculty of Education and the Manager, Financial Planning, the Faculty Budget Officer is responsible for the management, coordination and preparation of a consolidated budget submission for the Faculty of Education, consistent with University policy and protocol.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing annual, mid-year, and ad hoc budget submissions
• Providing training/instruction, financial advice, and guidance on Faculty accounting/financial matters regarding related University policies and procedure and ensuring adherence
• Providing direction on existing and/or new policies and procedures
• Proactively developing new policies including strategic planning, particularly with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness
• Supervising, directing, evaluating and assisting in the professional development of the Financial Assistant
• Performing Faculty of Education accounting duties including adjusting journal entries, transfers and reconciliation of accounts and maintaining up-to-date Research Grants
• Meeting regularly with the Finance Office, other Faculty Budget Officers and Brock Research
The ideal candidate will have:
• A university degree in Accounting/Business or related field
• An accounting designation
• Minimum of 6 – 10 years of relevant experience in financial budgeting environment with specialized experience in financial reporting, analysis and forecasting
• Demonstrated experience supervising staff members including selection, evaluation and development
• A thorough understanding of financial and accounting management and systems;
• Proven track record of being a self-starter with the ability to work independently, meet deadlines, communicate effectively with all contacts, and exercise good judgment and proactive problem-solving abilities
• Superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Computer experience using various software applications, including Microsoft Office and the ability to effectively utilize Brock’s various financial and budgeting systems and DBBROCK/BEARS
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below. Resumes will be reviewed starting September 17, 2013 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.