[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 43/2013|
|Posted:||Jul 23, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Grade:||Job Group Q|
|Salary Scale:||$79,866 - $122,917 per annum* (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
As an accomplished leader with a track record of developing and implementing effective health and safety programs, you will join a progressive HR team as we continue to build a culture of health, safety and wellness throughout the Brock Community. Your risk management perspective, relevant subject matter expertise, effective communication skills, and leadership abilities will allow you to establish relationships and credibility across multiple campuses and to counsel stakeholders, including senior management, in our efforts to ensure Brock is healthy and safe.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President (Human Resources), you will lead a team of Health and Safety professionals in the development and maintenance of a governance framework (policies, procedures, programs and practices) that ensures legislative compliance and which supports the University’s strategic priorities. Key portfolios include: Occupational Health and Safety; Environmental Health and Safety; Academic and Research Safety; Health Management and Wellness; Fire Safety; and Insurance.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A relevant master’s degree (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
• A 10+ year career in Health, Safety and Wellness, with progressive management experience and experience at the Director level (experience in a university environment is preferable, as is experience in a complex, multi-union, multi-site setting)
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise of relevant legislation and best practices
• Proven ability to develop applicable, proactive and effective policies, procedures, programs and practices as they relate to Health, Safety and Wellness
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to motivate, coach, mentor and encourage individuals
• Organizational and strategic planning abilities
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people, including individuals at senior levels of the organization, in a variety of contexts
• High level planning, time-management, and project management skills
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below. Resumes will be reviewed starting Monday, August 19, 2013 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.