[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||Nu 02/2013|
|Posted:||Jul 12, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Human Resources and Environment, Health and Safety|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$32,960 - $48,008 per annum (effective May 1, 2013)*|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment, the Human Resources Assistant provides clerical, computing and administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources & Environment, Health & Safety Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supporting the Recruitment portfolio, providing hiring process information to hiring departments, maintaining the recruitment template, managing the Career Opportunities website, preparing and maintaining files for job vacancies, closing files and maintaining records, statistics and files, determining availability of committee members and confirming schedules in Outlook, contacting candidates and arranging interviews, maintaining Applicant Tracking System, inputting job postings and giving access to committee members, ensuring accessibility for all applicants and creating new employee files
• Providing Front Reception duties including in person, phone and email support, responding and redirecting inquiries, inquiries, providing general information on HR Office, policies and procedures, , receiving applications, timesheets, mail, employment authorizations and additional forms
• Maintaining scheduling of Temporary Employment Support (TES), providing computer training and assistance to TES employees, completing timesheets and contracts, ensuring hours and account numbers are accurate and appropriately signed off, answering general questions related to TES
• Providing general office assistance including locating and booking/cancelling appropriate meeting spaces, ordering refreshments, audio-visual and teleconference equipment, updating calendars, maintaining office supplies, sorting and distributing mail, walking forms to appropriate departments for signatures
• Providing general administrative and clerical support including looking-up information on HRIS, typing confirmation of employment letters, receiving timesheets and ensuring completeness, word processing correspondence for the management team, performing merges and mass mail-outs
• Maintaining records and document management including sorting, filing and purging files
• Supporting all HR portfolios as required
The ideal candidate will have:
• College diploma and/or equivalent experience in office administration, Human Resources or a related field
• Several years of demonstrated and applicable office experience
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated and strong judgment, analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to deliver extreme accuracy, and attention to detail
• Strong ability to simplify, organize and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
• Proven ability to work effectively in an environment with sensitive and confidential information and situations
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with various stakeholders, interacting effectively with a diverse population at all levels
• Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, database, web applications and web management software applications, social media and internet search engines
• Excellent typing, proofreading and detailed record keeping skills
• Strong initiative and self-motivation and a constant drive for improvement
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to keeping up-to-date on applicable legislation, collective agreements, and internal policies, procedure and practices
• Demonstrated general Human Resources knowledge (an asset)
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Wednesday, July 24, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.