[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 42/2013|
|Posted:||Jul 9, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (24 months, with possible renewal)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business|
|Department:||Dean's Office, Goodman School of Business (GSB)|
|Grade:||Job Group N|
|Salary Scale:||$58,395 - $89,882 per annum (effective May 1, 2013)*|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Dean, Goodman School of Business, the Manager of CIMEE leads the development, implementation and evaluation of non-credit community business continuing education seminars and certificate programs. These seminars and programs are aimed at working adults, along with provision of corporate education/training to public and private sector organizations and corporations in the Niagara Region and beyond. The Manager of CIMEE leads the business outreach activities of the GSB, serving the educational needs of Niagara’s entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations in the quest for success and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifying, organizing and offering a series of public seminars, over three terms, annually through GSB faculty and other part-time faculty
• Administering the GSB-Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce (GNCC) partnership
• Developing marketing strategies for corporate education and staff development/training for local businesses and organizations
• Designing programs, contracting faculty instructors and delivering training programs at clients’ sites
• Maintaining and expanding contracts with local Chambers of Commerce, public sector organizations, private business/corporations and special business populations/associations, with a view to creating new certificate programs in management and leadership
• Researching, investigating and developing new revenue-generating adult education programs
• Contributing to the accomplishment of GSB’s strategic objective to contribute actively to economic development initiatives in Niagara, through the annual organization of a major symposium/conference on aspects of economic development, entrepreneurship and economic development ecosystems, showcasing Brock’s faculty and experts from other institutions
• Developing a new Small Business Development program with a local private sector partnership
• Serving as the liaison between the GSB and business generators and organizations
• Supporting entrepreneurship programming for current Brock undergrads and grads through the provision of management and leadership seminars, mentors and advisors
• Working closely with the Dean to develop financial proposals for new programs and services within the GSB
• Establishing an annual budget for all CIMEE activities
The ideal candidate will have:
• An honours undergraduate university degree, and a postgraduate degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• 10+ years of demonstrated work experience in progressive management/leadership roles in an educational institution, with applied experience and expertise in adult education, curriculum development, consulting, online and distance education
• Demonstrated experience in establishing, forecasting and administering budgets and finances
• Proven ability designing, marketing and selling educational programs, in enterprise development, curriculum development and principles of adult education
• Results-driven, self-directed, detail-oriented, engaging and charismatic demeanour
• Solid experience working collaboratively with entrepreneurs, business professionals and academics professionals
• Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills and will be politically astute
• Excellent knowledge of the Niagara community and direct experience serving on local boards and committees
Note to Applicants: there is an incumbent currently performing the duties and responsibilities of this job whom is likely to apply
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Tuesday, July 16, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.