[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 40/2013|
|Posted:||Jul 2, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (12 months)|
|Department:||University Marketing and Communications, Advancement|
|Grade:||Job Group K|
|Salary Scale:||$43,480 - $65,158 per annum (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, the Marketing Production Coordinator is responsible for the scheduling and project management for all marketing communication collateral and promotional initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establishing, maintaining and enhancing workflow and project logistics in a creative/marketing studio
• Coordinating and overseeing all required tasks for client account management, marketing communication projects management and content distribution to ensure timely delivery of projects
• Coordinating media buying for the University Marketing and Communications department and occasionally other internal departments
• Analyzing, evaluating and negotiating with vendors for project suitability and budgetary appropriateness
• Developing, managing and maintaining automated workflow systems that interface with client requests for services and digital/print production
• Monitoring quality, accuracy and timeliness of projects
• Partnering with graphic designers and Printing and Digital Services staff to deliver print-ready documentation
• Initiating hiring and participating in hiring of production staff as required
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with media representatives
• Managing production costs and improving cost-effectiveness
• Scheduling, delegating and ensuring performance of all equipment following maintenance procedures
The ideal candidate will have:
• A university degree in business, communications/visual arts, graphic design or print/multi-media production or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Several years of project scheduling and project management either with a large company, commercial printer, newspaper/magazine operation or an advertising agency working with large accounts
• Proven ability with workflow process and systems including experience with databases and computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office, Basecamp, etc.)
• A self-motivated, results-oriented attitude and the ability to manage multiple initiatives
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
• Demonstrated ability to manage a large number of projects at one time without compromise
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to clearly and simply articulate project demands and priorities
• Proven ability to work with discretion, diplomacy and tact in dealing with stakeholders
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Demonstrated supervisory experience (asset)
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Wednesday, July 17, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.