[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 35/2013|
|Posted:||Jun 3, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Grade:||Job Group L|
|Salary Scale:||$47,394 - $71,980 per annum*|
|Hours of Work:|
* Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Men’s Basketball Coach will develop, implement and supervise all phases of Men’s Intercollegiate Basketball program which will strive to be one of the best in the country. The head coach will also have additional responsibilities, which will include fundraising specific to their program and the needs of the institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Recruiting student athletes
• Preparing a competitive schedule and plan to meet team’s goals
• Supervising and providing guidance to players during games and practices
• Fundraising and promoting the program through enhancement of men’s basketball alumni relations and community relations
• Providing direction and/or assistance for academic success to individual student athletes
• Coaching and providing guidance within OUA and CIS compliance guidelines
• Supervising assistant coaches and other staff members while ensuring compliance with the University’s mission
• Conducting summer camps and organizing specific events that will enhance relations within the alumni and regional communities
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• A University degree in a related field and level 3 coaching certification
• Demonstrated experience with University or College coaching
• Proven ability to recruit student athletes
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Canadian Basketball System
• Passion and commitment to developing student athletes in both sport and citizenship
• Proven ability to instruct, coach, mentor and be a positive role model with a strong drive for excellence
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to be flexible and adaptable
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven ability to maintain professional integrity
• Valid Ontario driver’s licence (driving abstract required)
• Ability to work flexible, irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Monday, June 10, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.