[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 32/2013|
|Posted:||May 31, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (24 months with possibilty of renewal)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business|
|Grade:||Job Group I|
|Salary Scale:||$36,599 - $53,358 per annum|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
The Goodman School of Business is one of the country’s newest and fastest growing business schools with one of the most international outlooks of any business school in Canada. The excellence of the School has been recognized internationally through accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. In fact, we are among the top five per cent of business schools worldwide to hold this prestigious accreditation. Reporting to the Accreditations Coordinator and the Coordinator of Communications, Alumni Relations and Marketing, the Administrative Projects Coordinator assists in the creation, maintenance, and communication of accreditation information including event planning, report production and data entry. The Projects Coordinator is also responsible for the social media and website editing for the Goodman School of Business
Duties and Responsibilities
• Creating and maintaining documents for various business accreditations requirements, procedures and regulations
• Identifying course assessment, collecting assessment data and data analysis for assurance of learning processes, supporting accreditation requirements
• Maintaining various databases and documentation for accreditation information
• Analyzing and gathering statistical information relating to accreditation, self-reporting requirements and correspondence
• Scheduling and participating in meetings for AACSB committees and subcommittees and preparing documentation and minutes
• Updating and correcting accreditation resources, online databases, SharePoint and web-based accreditation information and documentation
• Promoting, communicating, organizing and planning Beta Gamma Sigma Student Leadership Forums, scholarships and the annual induction ceremony
• Coordinating and marketing of ETS Major Field Test
• Scheduling, planning and managing accreditation related functions and meetings
Marketing and Communications (40%)
• Maintaining Goodman School of Business website, utilizing Drupal CMS to edit page layout and content, uploading files, maintaining hyperlinks, and highlighting student achievements daily
• Maintaining and communicating on Goodman School of Business Social Media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Hootsuite etc.)
• Implementing the re-working of specific major areas of the website each year, recommending and implementing recommendations to enhance the websites visual and practical point of view
• Implementing the marketing plan including brochure development, advertising purchases, etc.
• Special projects related to website and social media utilization
• Recommending compliance with AODA legislation
• Providing back up media relations for the Coordinator of Communications, Alumni Relations
The ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree in a Business Administration/Marketing or a related field
• A few years of administrative experience in a professional environment
• Demonstrated experience with website administration/development and maintenance of a variety of social media programs (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite, Drupal CMS, etc.) in a professional environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
• Demonstrated project management, organizational and record keeping skills and proven ability to manage competing priorities
• Proficiency with email, internet, social media, spreadsheets, word processing, desktop publishing and database programs (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Web Content Management Systems, Microsoft Office)
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Demonstrated experience working with external accrediting bodies (preferred)
• Knowledge of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the impact on marketing and communications (an asset)
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, June 7, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.