[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 31/2013|
|Posted:||May 29, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (6-months)|
|Department:||Office of the Registrar|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$39,889 - $58,969 per annum* (*Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect term of employment)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar, Enrolment Management, Reporting and Systems, the incumbent will be dedicated to building Faculty specific enrolment projection models to further inform/enhance the existing University enrolment projection model developed and maintained by the Advisory Committee on Institutional Data (ACID). Building a Faculty based enrolment projection model has additional levels of complexity and refinement from the University model in that it also needs to forecast program enrolments as a well as course enrolments. Working collaboratively with the Director of Institutional Planning and Analysis and other members of ACID, as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Graduate degree or equivalent combination of Bachelor’s degree and experience (background in mathematics, statistics, data management or other quantitative field preferred)
• Strong knowledge of statistics, probability, research methods and analysis skills (trends, regressions)
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills and ability to work with volume data (experience with SPSS or Cognos Analytics preferred)
• Strong analytical skills in downloading and manipulating data for management reporting (sharp eye for detecting details)
• In depth knowledge of data, programs, student behaviours with the ability to apply probabilities to forecast possible enrolments
• Ability to work quickly and accurately with meticulous attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated independence, self-initiative and ability to learn quickly
• Team spirit and the ability to work across functional boundaries
Applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Wednesday, June 12, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.