[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 29/2013|
|Posted:||May 14, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business|
|Department:||Goodman School of Business|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$39,889 - 58,969|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Manager, Undergraduate Programs, the Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Programs is responsible for advising students on program requirements and monitoring the academic progress of students in the Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Accounting programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advising students including current, future, transfer and international students as well as business minors, primarily through walk-in advising and portal messaging.
• Responsible for Goodman School of Business registration during the SMART Start program
• Assist the Manager, Undergraduate Programs with program admission and readmission
• Responsible for adjudication and monitoring of the registration system
• Representing Goodman within and outside the university at recruitment events
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• University degree in a related field (Honours Business Administration or Accounting preferred)
• A thorough knowledge of the Goodman School of Business degree programs as well as Brock University’s policies, systems, rules and regulations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organization, prioritization, record keeping abilities and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise judgment and meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, database applications, email and web applications
• Demonstrated academic advising experience (preferred)
• Ability to occasionally work evenings or weekends
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.