[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 28/2013|
|Posted:||May 13, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Part-Time (12 months with possible renewal)*|
|Grade:||Job Group I|
|Salary Scale:||$36,599 - $53,358 per annum|
|Hours of Work:||14 hours per week|
*Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours per week
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Med Plus provides students interested in a health care careers the opportunity to participate in a co-curricular program designed to help them meet their goals, increase their skills and increase their competitive edge when applying to medical school, other professional schools or graduate school. Med Plus provides exposure to a variety of different professions within the broad spectrum of health care. Reporting to the Med Plus Coordinator, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for managing student volunteers, developing and maintaining community partnerships, coordinating 50+ placements annually and delivering/engaging in Med Plus events and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducting recruitment, selection and training of student volunteers
• Developing student focused promotional materials on placement opportunities
• Developing and facilitating training sessions, volunteer orientation and outlining learning objectives and work expectations
• Researching relevant community organizations for placement opportunities and developing relationships with community partners, including conducting cold calls and engaging in networking opportunities to promote Med Plus
• Securing placements and working with staff and organizations to develop volunteer job descriptions, volunteer packages and other various collateral material
• Conducting site visits, facilitating placement evaluation process and conducting on-going follow up with organizations to track opportunities
• Attending, participating and contributing to Med Plus team meetings and working collaboratively to assist with the development of the annual Med Plus strategic plan
• Other duties as assigned
• A university degree in a relevant discipline
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity
• Proven ability to recruit, train, manage and support volunteers
• Demonstrated experience building relationships and working with health care professionals, community organizations and volunteer coordinators
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Proven ability coordinating and facilitating presentations and workshops
• Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
• A keen eye for detail and experience with data management
• Proven ability to work in team environments, independently and collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others and a passion for the health care industry
• Experience with social media in a professional setting (an asset)
• Ability to work a flexible and changing work schedule, including day, evening and weekend work
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Monday, May 27, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.