[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 26/2013|
|Posted:||May 7, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (24 months with possibility of renewal)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business|
|Department:||Graduate Programs Office, Goodman School of Business|
|Grade:||Job Group I|
|Salary Scale:||$36,599 - $53,358 per annum|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Programs, Goodman School of Business, the Graduate Recruitment/Admissions Officer provides recruiting and admissions support for three traditional graduate programs currently including Master of Accountancy (MAcc), Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Science in Management (MSc).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responding to student inquires including: providing information, advice and guidance related to graduate programs
• Participating in and assisting with the co-ordination of recruiting activities for the traditional graduate programs
• Evaluating and following up with prospective student contacts
• Implementing outreach initiatives for top prospective students
• Monitoring new and ongoing applications to the Goodman School of Business MBA, MAcc and MSc programs
• Maintaining contact with candidates through the application review process
• Preparing and presenting files for admission consideration
• Coordinating and implementing external scholarship application processes at the faculty level
• Working with admitted students to encourage their acceptance of their offer
• Tracking outstanding offers, admission deposits and outstanding registrations
• Making classroom and in person/online recruiting presentations
• Coordinating interviews for MSc applicants
• Identifying, investigating and proposing new recruitment opportunities including but not limited to new markets, new external recruiting partners etc.
• Liaising with staff in the Faculty of Graduate Studies to expedite admissions process
• Identifying and researching web sources that can assist with admissions assessments
• Attending University recruiting fairs on behalf of graduate programs
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field (some graduate courses/studies in business or a related field is preferred)
• At least one year of demonstrated experience working in in a business school or graduate school environment
• A strong understanding of the needs and expectations of students in graduate programs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Keen eye for detail and strong time management skills
• Proven ability with standard office computer applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, email, internet) and ability to adapt to custom computer applications
• Proven ability to establish priorities and organize work with minimal supervision
• Strong customer/client service abilities
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Tuesday, May 14, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.