[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 24/2013|
|Posted:||May 2, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (12 months with possibile renewal)|
|Department:||Centre for the Arts|
|Grade:||Job Group I|
|Salary Scale:||$36,599 - $53,358 per annum (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Marketing and Sales Manager, Centre for the Arts, the Promotions Assistant will assist in implementing marketing strategies to promote the Centre for the Arts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Distributing promotional and artist publicity materials and information to media, community and Centre patrons both on campus and around Niagara
• Coordinating and maintaining on-site displays (e.g. lobby, box office signage, display windows, roll out displays)
• Distributing event listings to publications and online listings
• Creating and maintaining target marketing lists
• Assisting in implementing and promoting educational and community outreach programs
• Supporting in the creation and distribution of flyers
• Representing Centre for the Arts and promoting a variety of targeted events
• Assisting in the execution of large target mailings; assisting with the collection of artist promotional material from artist agents and managers; uploading information to the Centre’s website and social media sites
• Helping coordinate artist hospitality, backstage and catering needs; stocking, monitoring and maintaining the cleanliness of the hospitality areas in preparation for and during all Hot Ticket Performances
• Taking archival photographs and assisting with the collection, display and archiving of news and promotional items
• Assisting with audience communications including the dissemination of event reminders and performance feedback survey
• Filing, proof reading and related administrative tasks as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A related post-secondary degree or diploma with demonstrated ability in arts, marketing, special event background or related industry
• Demonstrated experience in a performing arts centre with a focus on special events, communications, promotions, required
• Excellent oral and written communication, listening and comprehension skills and strong customer service skills
• Proven ability to work with various word processing and computer programs, including: publishing and graphic programs, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, digital photography and editing skills
• Familiarity with Niagara Region’s cultural sector and proven passion for the performing arts
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage time effectively and multi-task
• Keen eye for detail with strong organizational skills
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
• Knowledge of the St. Catharines Performing Arts Centre project (an asset)
• Ability to work flexible and irregular hours (weekends and evenings)
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Thursday, May 9, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.