[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 17/2013|
|Posted:||Mar 25, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (4 months, Aug 6-Dec 6, 2013)|
|Department:||Office of the Registrar|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$39,889-$58,969/annum* *Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect term of employment.|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director, Recruitment and Retention, the Recruitment/Liaison Officer is responsible for advancing Brock’s undergraduate recruitment objectives by contributing to strategy development and executing various recruitment tactics (i.e. school visits, on-campus and external events, targeted efforts for segments of the applicant pool, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Significant travel providing formal presentations at secondary schools across Ontario
• Participating in the Ontario Universities Fair (September 27-29)
• Participating in campus recruitment activities (i.e. Fall Preview Day, November 3)
• E-communicating with prospective students
• Other recruitment and public speaking engagements as required
The ideal candidate will have:
• University degree (with high academic standing from any discipline)
• Evident love of Brock and a positive high-energy spirit
• Polished presentation and communication skills and strong technical/multimedia skills
• Strong organizational ability and proven administrative skills
• Flexibility to work irregular hours and enjoy traveling and working independently and in a close-knit team environment
• Valid drivers’ license, satisfactory drivers’ abstract and access to a reliable vehicle
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, April 5, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.