[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 15/2013|
|Posted:||Mar 19, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (12 months with possible renewal)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Applied Health Sciences|
|Department:||Faculty of Applied Health Sciences|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$39,889 - $58,969 per annum|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/ creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
The Brock-Niagara Centre is a centre for health and well-being in Niagara. The purpose of this centre is to be a hub of research, teaching and community intersectoral collaboration to enhance the health and well-being of Niagara residents while advancing scientific knowledge in applied health research. Reporting to the Dean of Applied Health Sciences and Program Directors, the Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and supervision of activities and personnel for this community service program.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing the Centre’s financial budget
• Developing communications, advertising and the Centre’s website
• Assisting in the development of the Centre’s strategic plan and initiatives
• Communicating with patients regarding medical, physical and psychological assessment tools and protocols, including initial pre-screening appointments
• Providing each patient with individualized exercise prescription based on the individual’s physical fitness and capabilities
• Tracking patient progress and modifying their program at regular intervals
• Training, supervising, scheduling and performance managing student volunteers
• Receiving and analyzing data utilizing spreadsheet and database systems
• Preparing reports necessary for the Niagara Health System, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and other organizations as required
• Communicating and liaising with local family physicians, the Niagara branch of the College of Physicians and Surgeons, the Niagara Health System, Hamilton Health Sciences, Niagara Public Health and the Hotel Dieu Shaver Rehab, the YMCA, media and other contacts as necessary
• Assisting in the preparation and presentation of research papers
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• Combination of education and applicable experience in a health related field, a master’s degree in a health related field, preferred
• A thorough understanding of community health principles
• Knowledge and understanding of physiological assessment protocols
• Knowledge of cardiac rehabilitation, spinal cord injury, aging, physical activity and current health environment issues strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability for financial management and budget operations
• Strong interpersonal, written and presentation communication skills
• Solid organizational, time management and proven ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
• Certification in First Aid & CPR
• Ability to work flexible hours, particularly evenings
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Wednesday, April 3, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.