[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 10/2013|
|Posted:||Feb 14, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Finance and Administrative Services|
|Grade:||Job Group P|
|Salary Scale:||$71,948 - $110,729 per annum|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Finance, the Manager of Financial Planning will facilitate and support budget developers in financial planning that supports the vision and goals of the University in a financially responsible manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating with budget developers throughout the University (including those with dual reporting responsibility) to develop and maintain a comprehensive financial plan that supports the vision and goals of the University in a fiscally responsible manner
• Developing and maintaining policies, practices, and procedures to facilitate the financial planning process
• Managing and/or preparing accurate, timely, comprehensive and relevant reporting of the operating and capital financial plans, including financial performance metrics
• Supporting budget developers with Faculty and/or department budgeting and accounting, including actionable, cost effective solutions to current and anticipated challenges based on sound research and analytics
• Taking a lead role in government grant and tuition planning
• Performing and/or facilitating (at times in conjunction with internal audit) efficient and value-for-money audits through a program of continuous improvement
• Supporting the information technology infrastructure of the financial system(s)
• Supervising multiple budget coordinators in a dual reporting relationship and a budget administrator, and performance managing dual reporting and direct reports
• Recommending the allocation of resources and continuous improvement to further the vision and goals of the University
• All other related duties as required and assigned by Associate Vice President, Finance
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and a Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CGA, CMA)
• 7-10 years of demonstrated financial planning, reporting, and analysis
• 5 years management experience including leading a team in a finance function, mentoring and developing staff.
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities, work effectively with internal business partners and provide direction to the team
• Applied experience in a multi-union setting, strongly preferred
• In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and ability to research and develop recommendations to be applied to financial planning and business processes.
• A keen eye for detail and will be deadline oriented
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to solve complex financial problems and see the big picture and lead cross functional teams
• Ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships with finance and across the University
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, March 1, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.