[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 06/2013|
|Posted:||Feb 1, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We are one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. We’re located in the heart of beautiful Niagara wine country, combining urban amenities with traditional small-town atmosphere. We’re growing and we’re looking for someone to aid in coaching and developing our people, our leadership and our organization.
Brock University is seeking a passionate Organizational Development professional to work with the HR leadership team and various stakeholders across campus to be responsible for building and implementing programs to support University-wide strategic priorities, namely to make Brock a preferred place to work and study.
Reporting to the AVP Human Resources, the Organizational Development Director will be responsible for ensuring optimal organizational structures, culture, work environments, and group dynamics through the provision of organizational and employee development services to the University community. This includes organizational design and effectiveness, succession planning, employee engagement and development, leadership development, performance management, and coaching. Initial priorities include: establishing the organizational development portfolio at Brock University by conducting a University-wide inventory and needs analysis with respect to organizational development; preparing and seeking approval for a three-year organizational development plan; and working with key stakeholders to establish relevant priorities within an established framework, which includes the University’s strategic priorities. Key objectives include the development and implementation of an on-boarding strategy and training programs; aiding in the development and implementation of reward and recognition plans; and developing key performance indicators to measure organizational development.
• A University degree - graduate degree(s), specifically in organizational development or adult education and a CHRP designation is considered a distinct asset (or an equivalent combination of education and experience);
• 10 years of HR, staff development and organizational development experience, preferably with some experience within a University/Public Sector setting;
• Comprehensive understanding of University/Public Sector governance, policies, procedures and culture is an asset;
• Knowledge of relevant employment legislation at the provincial and federal levels;
• Experience in developing and implementing a variety of training and coaching methodologies, combined with program and policy development;
• Proven track record of success in aligning organizational development and processes to meet strategic needs of an organization;
• Combination of a keen and inventive business sense with a deep and authentic attraction to Brock University;
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to tactfully and efficiently handle problems and issues by providing appropriate solutions;
• Ability to motivate employees, as well as internal and external stakeholders, towards a common goal;
• Well developed project management skills to organize multidisciplinary professional activities into a coordinated operational effort;
• A track record of success navigating environments that place a premium on transparency and accountability;
• The ability to cultivate trust and credibility with colleagues
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, February 15, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
Enter your information in the boxes below.