[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 74/2012|
|Posted:||Nov 8, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Office of the Registrar|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$39,889-$49,140; Maximum: $58,969/annum|
|Hours of Work:|
Why work at Brock? We’re a university designed for the very purpose of developing well-rounded individuals. We recognize and nurture both sides of the brain — where diverse passions are welcomed and celebrated, and students and employees become better versions of themselves. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar, Enrolment Management, Systems & Reporting, this position is responsible for supporting the operational and planning functions of the Office of the Registrar by analyzing admissions, recruitment, enrolment, registration and related academic data. The Information Officer is responsible for producing both quantitative and qualitative data and will provide information analyses that relate to recruitment and admissions strategies to inform internal decision-making. The core responsibilities in this role are related to creating, monitoring, tracking and reporting appropriate metrics to inform and guide operational decisions and actions. The scope of this position will require working closely with the Registrar, Director of Admissions, Director, Recruitment & Retention, and other members of the Registrar’s Office Senior Management team.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; background in mathematics, statistics, data management or other quantitative field preferred;
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, access skills and ability to work with volume of data (experience with SPSS or Cognos Analytics recommended);
• Demonstrated ability to learn new software and continually acquire new competencies;
• Strong analytical skills in downloading and manipulating data for management reporting (sharp eye for detecting discrepancies);
• Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner;
• Ability to work quickly and accurately with meticulous attention to detail;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
• Good written and communication skills;
• Independent quick-learner with self-initiative;
• Team player with ability to work across functional boundaries;
• Service oriented approach to addressing the data needs of the office;
• Knowledge of the Ontario University system and experience in an educational setting is an asset.
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, November 16, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.