[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 69/2012|
|Posted:||Nov 1, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Human Resources and Environment, Health & Safety|
|Grade:||Job Group K|
|Salary Scale:||$43,480 - $54,298; Maximum $65,158/annum|
|Hours of Work:|
Why work at Brock? We’re a university designed for the very purpose of developing well-rounded individuals. We recognize and nurture both sides of the brain — where diverse passions are welcomed and celebrated, and students and employees become better versions of themselves. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture.
Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment, the Job Analyst/Recruitment Officer will be responsible for developing and maintaining job descriptions and corresponding organizational charts for more than 1100 positions across the University. Working within the recruitment portfolio, this position will coordinate the employment authorization process, and develop job postings and key competencies to support approximately 120 recruitments per year. In addition, the Analyst will assess and make recommendations on starting salaries to ensure internal equity and compliance with relevant legislative frameworks. This position will also assist with the recruitment process as needed, including developing interview questions, interviewing, checking references, and other recruitment responsibilities. The incumbent will be responsible for analyzing jobs, interviewing staff and supervisory personnel to determine job and worker requirements; analyzing occupational data, such as physical, mental, and training requirements of jobs and workers and developing written summaries.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A team oriented professional with experience conducting effective and consistent interviewing techniques
• Completion of a university degree or college diploma, specifically related to Human Resources Management
• 3-5 years experience in a relevant position
• Good interpersonal and active listening skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Sufficient analytical ability to understand the complexity and details of job content
• Ability to interpret and understand information being provided and accurately summarize
• Demonstrated ability to interact with persons from diverse backgrounds
• High level planning, time-management and project management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Keyboarding, grammar and proofreading skills
• Strong computer skills using a range of software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, database maintenance, report generation)
• Initiative and resourcefulness to work independently, and assume responsibility for implementation and completion of a project and meet deadlines
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Monday, November 12, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.