[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 65/2012|
|Posted:||Sep 21, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Office of the President|
|Grade:||Job Group N|
|Hours of Work:|
Why choose Brock? We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. We share a bold, independent spirit, break the boundaries of academic convention, and view community involvement as crucial to developing well-rounded individuals. If you want to be part of something exciting, then join us.
Reporting to the President of the University, this successful candidate will serve as a key member of the President’s Office. The responsibilities will include supporting the President and working with senior members of the University on a diverse range of projects and priority matters.
This position will mange the Office of the President, including providing management of operations and direction to staff; senior support to the President; facilitating communication and liaising to and from the Office of the President both internally and externally. Duties will include office management; providing leadership and overseeing the work flow and organization of the office; providing direction and oversight for scheduling and staffing within the President’s office as well as coordination with the staff of other senior offices within the University. The successful candidate will provide administrative support in way of coordination, communications management, budget oversight, correspondence and reports; act as the President’s liaison for a variety of internal and external committees, events and projects; proactively resolve problems, advise the President on topics, issues and problems that require attention and follow up action; perform projects and tasks assigned by the President; advise on details of social functions and official duties involving the President and Chancellor; work closely with the University Events Planner to provide strategic and operational oversight and ensure appropriate University protocols are followed. The incumbent will examine all incoming communications for action; manage requests for information and provide direction to others on behalf of the President; liase with member of the Board of Trustees, the Senate and provide support to the Chancellor in fulfilling his responsibilities; perform other duties as assigned.
• A university degree is required (Master’s Degree preferred)
• 5 years experience in a senior level administrative position in a university or similar environment
• Comprehensive understanding of University/Public Sector governance, administration and culture
• Strong analytical skills; ability to deal with complex qualitative and quantitative data
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
• Strong leadership and strategic management
• Ability to deal efficiently and discreetly handle problems and issues and provide appropriate solutions
• Experience and knowledge of fundraising
• Ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders diplomatically with strict adherence to confidentiality
• Sound and mature judgment, the ability to synthesize information and the capacity to be succinct
• Excellent computer skills; proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, internet, scheduling software, email
• Ability to work independently and with a team; self-starter with strong initiative and ability to motivate self and others;
• Flexible and adaptable in a high energy and changing work environment
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resum&eacute; and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, October 12, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.