[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 63/2012|
|Posted:||Sep 20, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (12 months with possible renewal)|
|Department:||Information Technology Services|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Hours of Work:|
Reporting to the Director, Administrative Information Systems, the Administrative Systems Developer will work as part of the Administrative Information Systems team to provide development of web-based, real time systems related to student records, finance, payroll, alumni and other administrative areas of Brock University. Duties include: developing web pages; maintaining and enhancing existing systems; testing and debugging all programs and web pages; troubleshooting software problems; implementing development standards, policies and procedures; completing all documentation and tracking; and other duties as assigned by the Director. As an Application Developer you will use your ability to understand business requirements and in turn offer design improvements estimate the tasks and develop and document the solution adhering to agreed upon deadlines. The skills and competencies that you develop will continually be upgraded to retain development proficiency in an ITS development environment.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science
• Related work experience in analysis, web page design or systems development (or the equivalent combination of education and experience)
• Technical experience will include Java, PHP, HTML, Visual Studio.Net, VB.Net, ASP.NET, MySQL, SQL Server
• Excellent problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Wednesday, October 10, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.