[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 62/2012|
|Posted:||Sep 20, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (12 months with possible renewal)|
|Grade:||Job Group I|
|Hours of Work:|
Mentorship Plus, a partnership between Career Services and the Office of Alumni Relations, helps students through the two major life transitions: the transition from high school to university and the transition to career or advanced academic study. Students partner with senior student mentors, participate in leadership and skills training, act as mentors themselves, and also partner with alumni or community members who have knowledge to share about their own career direction or area of study. Reporting to the Mentorship Plus Coordinator, Career Services, the Mentorship Plus Advisor is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day operations of the Mentorship Plus program. This position works closely with the Mentorship Plus Coordinator to develop and implement annual program objectives and works to ensure the successful delivery and evaluation of the Mentorship Plus program. This position involves recruiting, training, and matching program participants; providing follow-up support, planning and implementing workshops and events.
The Advisor actively contributes to Career Services annual strategic planning initiatives and implements Mentorship Plus related initiatives; assists with the development of annual program objectives and works to ensure program targets are met; assists the Mentorship Plus Coordinator to develop an annual delivery plan for Mentorship Plus, including recruitment initiatives, event planning, participant training/follow up activities; assessment and evaluation activities; researches a variety of topics for the purpose of keeping abreast of current trends and other related duties as assigned.
• A university degree and experience working with post-secondary students
• Previous experience establishing and maintaining effective relationships
• Strong experience in program and event coordination (including planning, organizing, directing and evaluating activities)
• Effective communication, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills
• Exceptional organizational; time and project management skills
• Demonstrated presentation/facilitation or training experience
• Strong customer service orientation
• Computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, database management, web page)
• Enthusiastic, outgoing attitude with strong promotion/marketing abilities
• Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, diverse environment
• Knowledge of Brock University’s programs and functional areas is an asset
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume; and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Monday, October 1, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.