[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||AP 61/2012|
|Posted:||Sep 20, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Hours of Work:|
Reporting to the Director, Alumni Relations, the Alumni Communications and Marketing Officer will play a key role in enhancing Brock’s alumni outreach efforts and is responsible for developing and implementing integrated communications and marketing strategies designed to engage and motivate involvement and support of alumni. Working closely with University Marketing and Communications, Faculty Advancement teams and the Brock University Alumni Association, the Alumni Communications and Marketing Officer will develop alumni focused content for electronic media including the e-newsletter, e-blasts, video productions, alumni magazine Surgité, alumni websites and co-ordinate social networking interaction. This position is also responsible for writing and editing content for print publications, working with the central marketing team for creative content and coordinating list segmentation and distribution. Self-motivated with a strategic aptitude, the Alumni Communications and Marketing Officer will be responsible for identifying, developing and marketing services and benefits made available to alumni through products/services partners. Duties also include: serving on the editorial board for Surgité magazine; tracking e-newsletter and social media statistics; updating website content; developing annual fundraising campaign materials and scripts; managing alumni affinity partnerships and evaluating the success of communications and marketing plans.
• Related post-secondary degree or diploma together with related experience, preferably in an major educational institution or a registered charitable/not for profit organization, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• A variety of e-communications experience including social media initiatives (preferably in the post-secondary education sector)
• Solid writing experience for web and print publications
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines; demonstrated success working collaboratively with multiple contributors
• Demonstrated computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (or other database - Raiser’s Edge is an asset), Outlook, statistical analysis software, web/internet (content management system (i.e. Drupal), photo editing software (i.e. Photoshop), and email technologies (i.e. Active Campaign) is required ; working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite will be an asset
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Tuesday, October 9, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.