[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||CUPE1295 02A-14T|
|Posted:||Feb 27, 2014|
|Employment Status:||Summer Student|
|Department:||Facilities Management, Custodial Services|
|Salary Scale:||Wage Rate: Student rate 11.97/hour (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:||2 months, average of 32 hours/week, 8 hour shifts (between the hours of 8am and 8pm)|
We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for Full-time Brock University Students, returning to University in the fall to assist with the cleaning requirements of the Summer Conference Operation.
Summer Residence Custodial Helpers are full-time Brock University students responsible for assisting with the cleaning requirements during the summer conference operation period (beginning on or before April 24, 2014 to June 28, 2014). The summer conference operation is a 24/7 operation. Offers of employment are conditional upon attendance at a paid WHMIS (3 hours) and custodial (4 hours) training, between the period of April 1 - 21, 2014.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Spring cleaning; cleaning washrooms; collecting and changing linens on beds; vacuuming, dusting and damp mopping; moving furniture and/or appliances; window washing, power washing, and carpet and floor maintenance; removing garbage; other duties as assigned related to servicing conference guests or spring cleaning in residence areas
• 8 hour shifts (between the hours of 8am and 8pm), dependent upon operational demands additional hours may be required and shift times may be altered
The ideal candidate will have:
• Ability to walk up and down stairs
• Must be available to work weekends and variable shifts (required)
• Ability to move and lift items, materials, equipment and supplies of varying weights/sizes (weighing up to 22kg) on a consistent basis
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Previous cleaning experience, in a similar residential/hotel environment (asset)
• Knowledge of residence and its facilities (asset)
Please submit fully completed application forms, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Human Resources, BROCK UNIVERSITY, St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1 by March 12, 2014. For your convenience, the general application form may be printed off the web at www.brocku.ca/hr , click “Career Opportunities”, then click on “General Application Form”.
Please indicate "Summer Residence Custodial Helpers" on the top of the application form.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in these positions, however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*Salary is defined by the CUPE 1295 Student Collective agreement.