[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF TES/ 2014|
|Posted:||Jan 7, 2014|
|Employment Status:||Temporary Employment Services|
|Department:||Temporary Employment Services (TES), Human Resources|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$18.88 - $26.18 per hour (effective May 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||Casual, On Call|
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Office Assistant will provide administrative and clerical assistance on a casual/on-call basis to departments within the University where assistance is required to replace staff members on vacation, sick leave, or where extra help is required. Employees will work in a variety of settings including academic departments and administrative offices. Duties include: providing front-line administrative and reception support, interacting with students, staff, faculty or the public; processing mail, forms, on-line contracts, cheque requisitions, travel claims, purchase requisitions/orders; scheduling appointments and making room bookings; word processing a variety of materials e.g. correspondence, course materials/outlines, teaching materials; assisting with mass mail outs, financial records management, and data entry; filing; photocopying; and other duties as required.
• Several years of related experience and demonstrated ability in an administrative capacity are required, including front-line reception or customer service experience
• Thorough knowledge and proficiency in standard office computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, web applications, email, and scheduling (Outlook or other electronic calendars)
• Experience may include bookkeeping, budget reconciliation, organizing events, database management including queries and reporting, mail merging, creating forms, organizing financial information and recordkeeping
• Adaptable and prepared to undertake varying assignments of differing complexity or length, as well as be available on short notice
• May be required to work independently or where supervision is minimal
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all contacts while maintaining confidentiality is critical
• Ability to grasp processes and procedures with accuracy and speed is essential
• Proven ability to learn new procedures and/or programs and adapt to changing environments is also required
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.
Enter your information in the boxes below.