[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 01/2014|
|Posted:||Jan 2, 2014|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Part-Time (9 Months), With Possibility of Renewal|
|Department:||Financial & Administrative Services|
|Grade:||Job Group G|
|Salary Scale:||$35,625 - $49,419 per annum*, effective May 1, 2013** Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours per week|
|Hours of Work:||30 hours/week|
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Receivable, the Accounts Receivable Assistant will be responsible for a variety of student account functions in Accounts Receivable. Duties include: performing front counter cashier duties which include dealing with a high volume of in-person student account enquiries and payments; responding to telephone and email account enquiries; handling large volumes of cash, bank drafts, wire transfers and debit card transactions; maintaining student financial records; inputting payment information and administrative fees on the student system; processing returned cheques, student scholarships, bursaries and refund cheques; and verifying and filing batch control summary and transaction file daily reports in both paper format as well as in an electronic filing system. The Accounts Receivable Assistant will assist with collection issues and act as backup for other positions in the Finance Office.
• Previous and related experience working in a large customer service-centred accounts receivable department, preferably in an education or public sector environment, combined with related post-secondary courses in Accounting or Business, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated experience dealing with large sums of cash and a variety of other payment methods
• Proven ability to interpret financial accounts and effectively provide an explanation to students
• Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively exercise judgment and problem-solve while using tact and diplomacy with all contacts
• Demonstrated experience maintaining detailed records and accurately entering computer data with the ability to easily adapt to changing priorities are required
• Proficiency in standard office computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and databases (DBBrock/Brock DB preferred) is necessary
• Ability to work flexible hours during peak periods.
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Monday, January 13, 2014.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.