[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||CUPE1295 18A-13T|
|Posted:||Dec 10, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Casual (4 months – up to 24 hours/week)|
|Department:||Custodial Services, Facilities Management|
|Salary Scale:||Student rate 11.97/hour (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:|
Full-time Brock University Students interested in working during the academic Year (January 11, 2014 up to April 27, 2014) in Custodial Services. The residence operation is a 24/7 operation and students must be able to work weekends (majority of shifts) and some variable shifts, and are expected to work between 32 and 40 hours per month in 8-hour shifts (generally between the hours of 8 am to 8pm). Additional hours may be required and shift times may be altered, depending on operational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Garbage removal
• Washroom cleaning
• Vacuuming, dusting and damp mopping
• Furniture moving
• Window washing, carpet and floor maintenance
• Other related duties as assigned in servicing the residence buildings
The ideal candidate will have:
• Proven ability to walk up and down stairs
• Demonstrated ability to move and lift items, materials, equipment and supplies of varying weights/sizes (weighing up to 22 kg) on a consistent basis
• Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Previous cleaning experience, preferably in a similar residential environment
• Knowledge of residence and its facilities would be an asset
Please submit fully completed application forms, along with a resume, to email@example.com or to Human Resources, BROCK UNIVERSITY, St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1 by Tuesday, December 17, 2013. For your convenience, the general application form may be printed off the web at brocku.ca/hr, click “Career Opportunities”, then click on “General Application Form”. Please indicate Student Residence Custodial Helpers; on the top of the application form.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in these positions, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*Salary is defined by the CUPE 1295 Student Collective agreement.