[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 33/2013|
|Posted:||Dec 6, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Part-Time (12 months) With Possibility of Renewal|
|Department:||Social Justice Research Institute (SJRI)|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$37,406 – $51,889 per annum* effective May 1, 2013** **Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours per week|
|Hours of Work:||20 hours per week|
Reporting to the Director, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative and reception support to the Social Justice Research Institute. Core responsibilities include: responding to SJRI affiliates and community stakeholder queries via telephone, mail, email and in person; welcoming and orienting visiting faculty and students to the SJRI; providing administrative support to the Director and Project Facilitator, as well as Master fellows, Research Assistants, Post-Doctoral fellows and visiting scholars; providing technical support to users of video-conferencing and Skype rooms; opening, sorting and distributing incoming mail; coordinating website and social media outlets by uploading information and assuring that information provided is both current and timely, including posting special events and news, as well as program information; preparing and distributing materials, utilizing desktop publishing software; composing draft agendas, reports, presentations etc. for review by the Director; liaising with various internal and external contacts; coordinating office set-up, files, equipment, supplies and keys; scheduling appointments and meetings as required and coordinating schedules for the Director, Faculty Steering Committee and Project Facilitator; taking minutes; attending special events and setting up for special events; providing coordination of the budget and financial processes by assisting the Director in Budget planning and monitoring; other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary courses including computer applications, office administration, or related courses or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous reception and administrative support experience, preferably in a University environment, with at least two years of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, database, web applications and web maintenance, social media, internet search engines, graphics, and scheduling software
• Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the proven ability to communicate diplomatically and tactfully
• Strong public service skills
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize own work and work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated strong initiative and ability to function as a self-starter
• Creative ability to create brochures, newsletters and other promotional materials
• Flexible and adaptable with the proven ability to deal with a changing work environment
• Demonstrated knowledge and sympathy for contemporary struggles for social justice and equality (strongly preferred)
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, December 17, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.